Lorna M. Barte MD, Psychiatrist
- 1979-1983 Doctor of Medicine, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines.
- 1975-1979 Bachelor of Science, University of Santo Tomas, Manila, Philippines.
- 1988-1990 Associate Degree in Nursing, Los Angeles Valley College, Van Nuys,
POST GRADUATE TRAINING
- 1998-2002 Adult Psychiatry Residency Training-University Hospitals of Cleveland Case Western Reserve
University, Cleveland, Ohio.
- 1983-1984 Post-graduate rotating internship, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Manila, Philippines.
- 2006-Present Solo Psychiatric practice – Camarillo,
California, General Psychiatry with
sub-specialty of Geropsychiatry
- 2002-2006 La Mer Psychiatric Medical Group General Psychiatry with
sub-specialty of Geropsychiatry, Medical Director of the Geropsychiatric Unit at St. John's Medical Center.
- 1990-1998 Registered Nurse – Providence St Joseph Medical Center-Burbank,
- 1/2000-5/2000 Subinvestigator:
“Co-administration of Quetiapine and Donepezil in Dementia
Patients with Psychotic and Behavioral Symptoms.” poster presentation at the All Ohio Community
Psychiatry Conference, Beachwood, Ohio
- March 2001 poster presentation at the American Psychiatric
Association Annual Convention, New Orleans, Louisiana, May
- 10/1999-10/2000 Subinvestigator: “Prevalence of
Hyperprolactinemia in SchizophrenicPatients
Treated with Antipsychotic Drugs.”
“Olanzapine in the Reduction of Hyperprolactinemia and
Associated Mobidity in Schizophrenic Patients.”
- 2005 Physician of the Year Nominee – St John’s Medical
- 2004 Physician of the Year Nominee – St John’s Medical
Center –Oxnard, California.
- 2001 Janssen Psychiatry Resident of the Year.
- 2000 First Prize – Residents Research Paper”
“Olanzapine-Induced Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome Without Rigidity,” A Case
LEADERSHIP AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- 2005 Medical Director – Geropsychiatric
Unit, St John’s Medical Center-Oxnard, California.
- 2001-2002 Clinical Chief Resident – Department of
Psychiatry – University Hospitals of Cleveland-Cleveland, Ohio.
- 2001-2002 Resident Mentor – Department of Psychiatry-University Hospitals of Cleveland-Cleveland,
- 2001-2002 Member, Core Competency Assessment Committee-Department of Psychiatry-University
Hospitals of Cleveland-Cleveland, Ohio.
- 2000-2001 Vice-President, Residency Council-Department of Psychiatry University Hospitals of
- 1999-2001 Member, Mind Committee – Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
- 1998-2000 Class Representative. Committee on Psychiatry Residency Education.
- Department of
Psychiatry-University Hospitals of Cleveland-, Cleveland, Ohio
American Medical Association
American Psychiatric Association
Ohio Psychiatric Association
Cleveland Psychiatric Society
Association of Women Psychiatrists
State Medical Board of Ohio
Medical Board of California
Married, two children